The Syrian Network for Human Rights has documented the killing of at least 300 civilians during May in attacks by Assad’s forces and Russia.
According to a report issued on Saturday. The Network said that it had, “documented the killing of at least 416 civilians, including four medical staff and one Civil Defense staff member, as well as 14 people killed under torture.”
The report said that: “Assad’s forces killed 269 civilians, including 51 children and 48 women, while 45 civilians were killed, including 17 children and ten women as a result of bombardment thought to be Russian, while one civilian was killed at the hands of the Islamic State and another civilian was killed by Hay’at Tahrir al-Sham.” The Network also documented the killing of, “six people by rebel groups, including five children and a woman, and 31 civilians by the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF), including six children.”
The report also documented the killing of: “73 civilians, including 28 children and three women by other entities by various causes (explosions, drowning, mines, indiscriminate bombardment),” while the Network also registered the, “killing of 14 people under torture, 11 of them at the hands of Assad’s forces, two at the hands of the SDF, and another person by other entities, as well as four medical staff by Assad’s forces.”
The Network added that at least 47 (documented) massacres had been carried out since the start of 2019, including 12 massacres in May, with nine by Assad’s forces and two by Russian forces, and one by the SDF.
This article was translated and edited by The Syrian Observer. Responsibility for the information and views set out in this article lies entirely with the author.