According to Iranian statements, Iranian investors keep establishing companies in Syria in an attempt to take a larger share of the Syrian market and create a foothold for the coming period, which some describe as “reconstruction.”
In recent weeks, Iranian investors have increasingly established new companies in Syria, as well as contributing to companies alongside Syrians.
According to The Syria Report — which reviewed licensing data issued by the Assad government’s Ministry of Commerce and published in the Official Gazette — seven Iranian companies were established during the past month.
The companies’ activities covered several sectors, including film and television production and construction.
What are the companies?
The first company is Empress Studio in Rural Damascus, with a capital of 10 million Syrian pounds. The company is owned by Hassan Zanganeh bin Fakhr al-Din al-Irani, who owns 99% of the company’s shares, with the remaining 1% share belonging to Syrian Rana Azem.
The second company is Mand Ait Brothers in Rural Damascus, with a capital of ten million Syrian pounds. The company has activities in trade, imports and exports, construction materials, iron, cement, cladding and decorative products, ceramics, granite, cables and metal wires, and entering tenders and auctions with the public, private and public-private sectors.
The third company is called Guitar Media in Damascus, with a capital of only 5 million Syrian pounds.
The company is owned by Iranians Ahmad Azin Farr bin Muhammad Ali (49%), Mohammad Ali Zaree (49%), and Syrian Fathi bin Fayez Nizam (2%).
The fourth company is called Smart Fellowship for Investment and Trade in Damascus with a capital of 15 million Syrian pounds.
The company is owned by Iranians Mehdi Rostami, Peyman Badakhshan Gosha Alia, Nasser Bahram, Mohammad Reza Ali Naqian, Abdul Mahdi Javadi and Ali Golzar Moghaddam with 16.5% each, with 1% for Syrian Lubna Shammat.
The fifth company is named Seawhite Food in Damascus, with a capital of ten million Syrian pounds. The shares are distributed amongst Iranian citizens Ali Mohammad Rezaqli Lalani (96%), Ali Mohammad Rezaei (2%) and Maytham Abu Al-Fadl Latif (2%).
The sixth company is the Golden House in Damascus with a capital of 10 million Syrian pounds. The shares are distributed among Iranian citizens Amir Mehdi Bahloul (98%) and “Abdul Hadi Abdul Wahab Roshan Rai” (2%).
The final company is named Al-Zahra for Trade and Investment in Sayeda Zeinab in Damascus countryside, with a capital of just 1 million Syrian pounds.
This article was translated and edited by The Syrian Observer. The Syrian Observer has not verified the content of this story. Responsibility for the information and views set out in this article lies entirely with the author.