The Syrian Civil Defense organization has announced that the Kiwan hospital in the town of Kansafra in the southern Idleb countryside has gone out of service after it was struck by Russian warplanes on Monday.
The Civil Defense director in Idleb, Mustafa Hajj Youssef, told Alsouria Net on Wednesday that the Medical and Health Facilities Association in the southern Idleb countryside had stopped work because of bombardments by Assad forces and Russian warplanes on the region since April.
Hajj Youssef added that the Kiwan hospital had been the last medical point offering services to wounded people during the bombardments of the southern Idleb countryside, but that Russian warplanes had struck the hospital, leading to it going out of service and a major fire erupting in its medical storehouse.
Youssef said that more than 40 medical points and facilities had been struck in the southern Idleb countryside during the recent military campaign in the region since April, saying that the strikes had hit all medical points, including children’s and women’s hospitals, as well as the Civil Defense medical point, which led to it going out of service and another being partially damaged.
Regarding the Civil Defense teams working mechanisms in light of the current circumstances, Youssef said that they were working in mobile teams, moving to areas near the bombardment in order to respond more quickly.
He said that they were moving wounded to areas far away to receive treatment in hospitals in Idleb city, Saraqeb, Banash, or at Bab al-Hawa crossing, while critical cases were sometimes taken to Turkish hospitals.
This article was translated and edited by The Syrian Observer. The Syrian Observer has not verified the content of this story. Responsibility for the information and views set out in this article lies entirely with the author.