Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) pledged on Sunday to strongly and effectively respond to Turkish attacks “at the appropriate timing and place.”
The General Command of the SDF said in a statement that Turkey has been preparing for a long time to launch a large-scale attack on northeastern Syria, especially after fabricating the Istanbul blast plot to use it as a pretext.
On Sunday night, Turkish warplanes launched several airstrikes on areas of Derik (al-Malikiyah), Derbasiyah, Zirgan (Abu Rasin), Kobani, Tel Rifaat and the northern countryside of Aleppo, not to mention the separated attacks that lasted till Sunday morning on the border strip.
“Turkey revealed through these airstrikes its real face, as it carried out a massacre in the village of Daqel Baqel, as 11 people lost their lives and six others were injured, including a worker at an electricity company, not to mention the power outage that is caused due to severe damage,” the statement read.
The Turkish attack also resulted in the loss of two wheat silo guards in Derbasiyah, north of Hasakah, the loss of an SDF fighter in the town of Zirgan (Abu Rasin), and the injury of three civilians in Kobani, in addition to severe damage to residents’ homes, according to the statement.
The SDF offered its condolences to the families of those who lost their lives as a result of the Turkish attacks, and the families of the soldiers of Syrian government forces who lost their lives and were injured in the northern countryside of Aleppo, who numbered more than 15 people, according to the statement
Earlier on Sunday, Syria’s Ministry of Defense announced the killing of a number of its soldiers in Turkish airstrikes on the countryside of Hassakeh and Aleppo governorates, without showing any stances towards the attacks.
However, an exclusive source told North Press that ten soldiers of Syrian government forces were killed and five others were wounded on Saturday in Turkish airstrikes targeted the village of Shawargha, in the northern countryside of Aleppo, northern Syria.
Since early this morning, public protests broke out against the Turkish attacks in Raqqa Governorate, the cities of Manbij and Qamishli and other areas.
SDC wants International condemnation
SDC demanded on Sunday a strong intervention from the international community to stop the Turkish attacks on northern Syria last night.
Member of the Executive Committee of the SDC, Ali Rahmoun, said what is happening would not be controlled unless the US intervenes and an international stance is taken.
“There must be a clear and firm international position regarding what Turkey is doing in Syrian territories,” Rahmoun told North Press.
He warned of “a violent conflict that would not end easily.”
So far, neither the United States of America nor the Global Coalition showed a position regarding the Turkish airstrikes.
This article was edited by The Syrian Observer. The Syrian Observer has not verified the content of this story. Responsibility for the information and views set out in this article lies entirely with the author.