The Russian Air Force carried out fresh airstrikes over the northwestern region of Syria on Tuesday, with their warplanes targeting the forces of Hay’at Tahrir al-Sham in Idleb Governorate.
According to a field report from Idleb Governorate, the Russian Air Force targeted the positions of Hay’at Tahrir al-Sham, along with one of their military convoys that was attempting to reach the frontlines in Jabal al-Zawiya.
The report said Russian reconnaissance planes scoped out the area and monitored the movements of Hay’at Tahrir al-Sham before their warplanes carried out a devastating attack on the jihadist forces on Tuesday morning.
In particular, the Russian Air Force destroyed a convoy of approximately 8 to 10 vehicles, that were heading towards the frontlines in Idleb Governorate.
This latest round of airstrikes by the Russian Air Force comes at the same time as the Turkish military withdraws from four observation posts in Idleb and Hama, which are currently besieged by the Syrian army.
A source from the Syrian military said the Turkish withdrawal from these observation posts came at the request of the Russian Armed Forces, who were previously negotiating with Ankara about handing over these points to the government.
This article was edited by The Syrian Observer. The Syrian Observer has not verified the content of this story. Responsibility for the information and views set out in this article lies entirely with the author.