Pro government loyalist Parties praise Assad’s initiative as a “way out of the crisis”

The ruling al-Baath Party and other pro-government parties praised President Assad’s speech last Sunday, and described it as an “expression of the Syrian people and their desire for preserving Syria's unity, reclaiming its role, and building its future.” In the meantime, Information Minister Omran al-Zohbi renewed a call for opposition figures to enter into a dialogue for peace offered by President Bashar Assad, despite domestic and rebel groups already rejecting the proposal.

 

The ruling al-Baath Party and other pro-government parties praised President Assad’s speech last Sunday, and described it as an “expression of the Syrian people and their desire for preserving Syria's unity, reclaiming its role, and building its future.”

 

In a statement on Tuesday, al-Baath Party voiced its support for this project and its confidence in its importance, expressing complete faith in Syria's ability to overcome the crisis.

 

The statement noted that the project includes a nationalist stance that adheres to the country's interests and refuses to relinquish any of them, in addition to analyzing the causes of the crisis, its structure, and the elements affecting it.

 

The other parties shared the same views with the al-Baath Party’s. Most of them are members of the National-Progressive Front, led by al-Baath party. Others are satellite parties that have been founded during the past two years to support the Assad regime in the face of the revolution.

 

The biggest among them is the Popular Will, which is led by a radical communist, Qadri Jamil.

 

The Party said that the political solution plan announced by President Bashar al-Assad to put an end to the crisis in Syria opens the way to a safe path out of the crisis.

 

It accused the parties which reject dialogue with the regime of encouraging “the Syrian bloodshed".

 

In the meantime, Information Minister Omran al-Zohbi renewed a call for opposition figures to enter into a dialogue for peace offered by President Bashar Assad, despite domestic and rebel groups already rejecting the proposal.

 

On the political front, Information Minister Zohbi said the invitation for talks had been issued "to all opposition forces to join a dialogue based on respect for national sovereignty and a rejection of foreign intervention of all kinds," state news agency SANA reported.

 

But he qualified that by saying the government would be contacting "all political forces and personalities that are patriotic" to take part.

......

News



Recommend article

Sender's Name:
Sender's Email:
Receiver's Name:
Receiver's Email: